- The mission of the Gift for Life Foundation is to involve citizens of Trinidad and Tobago, as well as non-citizens, in providing opportunities to orphaned, abandoned and disadvantaged children both locally and internationally.
- The children we are working with have great personalities, and many hidden skills and talents.
- Our focus is on helping to develop those skills and talents.
- Our vision is to address the needs of children with real resources from volunteers and donors.
- We’re not trying to “fix” anything, nor to “save” anything.
The orphanage homes we are working with, consist of children who are starved for love and affection – they are deprived of real parental love. They may not need us for survival.
However, as humanitarians we still want to experience that joy of putting smiles on their little faces. We want to extend our arms to serve them selflessly – fulfill their educational, physical and emotional needs.
- Our foundation revolves around our volunteer program – people serving people.
- This isn’t a program about a “money problem”, where lots of money would solve something we’re trying to fix. But money is important in the work we are doing and donors have a very important role in serving through their financial donations.
- We are committed to involve all people who want to make a difference. People of all ages and backgrounds can make a difference.