Proof of Registration Under the Companies Act 1995 : Company Incorporation No. G 2407(95) : July 2009
What is The Gift For Life Foundation or GFLF ?
The Gift For Life Foundation is a registered, non-profit, charitable organisation. The purpose is to assist underprivileged children at Children’s Homes and in needy communities in providing a traditional family living environment and to guide them in their Education.
Mailing Address: #35 Ramsaran Street, Chaguanas, Trinidad and Tobago
- Telephone Contacts: 672 – 5157 ( office)
- Email Contact : email@example.com
- Some of Gift For Life Foundation’s Executive Members
- Director : Nigel Koorarsingh – Business Consultant
- Secretary : Asha Rickhi – Retired SEA Teacher & Consultant
- Treasurer : Sunita Gobin – Librarian,University of Trinidad & Tobago
Capacity of Gift For Life Foundation to carry out Projects
- The Nature of Gift For Life Foundation
The Gift For Life Foundation is registered, non- profit and charitable organization which aims to put smiles on the faces of underprivileged children at Children’s Homes and in needy communities in our nation on a monthly basis and also guide them in their Education.
GIFT FOR LIFE FOUNDATION ( GFLF) is not in any way affiliated with any specific Home. It does not raise funds on behalf of any Home.
The children at many of the Homes have opened their hearts to GFLF indicating that the public only remembers them at Christmas time and maybe on special occasions , but all during the year they are forgotten .One child said,” people think that we are animals in a zoo.They come once a year to visit us and bring garbage bags of tattered clothing. We don’t see then until the next year same time.”
These children are starved for love and affection. Their physical needs may provided for but many yearn for love and attention – and to feel more special all year round. Thus, the GFLF reaches out to a minimum of three Children’s Homes on a monthly basis .The aim of this huge effort is to build on the children’s self esteem and social interaction skills.
Daily Express: Tues 15th Nov 2011 : Page 18
Daily Express:Tues 7th Feb 2012 : Page 15
Trinidad Guardian : Fri 19th March 2010: Page B9 Free Education Today:June 2011
- Trinidad Guardian – page A36- Wed 16th September 2010 – “Local Group Assists Haiti’s Victims”
- Daily Express-page 1- Section 2 – Wed 22nd September 2010- “Group Flies To Haiti For Charity Work “
- Daily Express- page 1- Section 2 – Thurs 24th Sept 2009 – “A Gift Of Fun In Tobago”
- Trinidad Guardian – page A 20 – Fri 13th August 2010 –“ Zina’s Jewellery assists Gift For Life Foundation with Grand Sports Day “
- Trinidad Guardian – page A 50 – Tues 24th August 2010- “Gift For Life Foundation Takes 4 Children’s Homes to Harry ‘s Water Park”
- Daily Express-page 21- Section 2-Mon 9th November 2009 –“ Raffle Winners Collect “ :’ Gift For life Foundation is about putting smiles on the faces of children and giving them extra love’
- Daily Express-page 9- Section 2- Wed 9th December 2009 – “Children Take the Spotlight “
Description of some Projects Implemented by Gift For Life Foundation in the last from 2009 – 2011
Description of Projects :
- Donated the much needed brand new double decker beds with mattresses for the boys’ room of Kistow Home
- Arrange for students from the University to assist the Homes
- Donated groceries ,food /meals,snacks ,medical supplies etc on a monthly basis to the Homes
- Donated much needed school supplies to the Homes on monthly basis
- Donated brand new clothing ,shoes ,bed sheets and towels to the more deserving Homes on a continued basis
- Sent Tutors to assist Children’s Homes at different locations ( east – west corridor, south and central Trinidad) with their education on monthly basis
- Arranged Pool Parties just for Children of Homes and treat them in a most special manner – building on their self esteem & social interaction skills
- Arranged for the re –construction of a Sewer System at the Kistow Home – a major project to assist in the Home’s proper Hygenie.
- Arranged for jobs for the boys and girls over 18 yrs of age at many Homes. Helped these children to get decent jobs – trained them in Computer Literacy to be fit for the jobs.
- Taken out and sponsored children out of the Homes to the Malls – Gulf City Trincity etc for the day – provided meals, snacks, drinks, gifts, transport
- Provided unique framed photos with each child sitting on Santa Claus – during Christmas Time – when the Foundation took them to Gulf City Mall – courtesy GFLF – this will be a life long memory for these underprivileged children
- Taken at least 12 Homes to Debe Fun & Splash Water Park ,and Harry’s Water Park on different occasions and financed them for the entire day – transport ,meals,tickets,snacks , water , etc.
- Taken the time out to give brand new gifts, meals,cheer etc and take Santa Claus to the Homes on Christmas Day
- Taken the time off to show children love and affection on Valentine’s Day – by bringing chocolates, gifts , flowers etc for them ,Easter , Divali , Eid, Christmas and other major festivals
- Visited the children during the school vacation and arrange summer camps and fun activities for them .
- Help our older children to get decent jobs – trained them in Computer Literacy to be fit for the jobs.
- Taken over 7 Children’s Homes to see children’s movies at the TrincityMall
- Arranged Educational Tours for our Children – Trip To Tobago -2009
- Invited over 20 Children’s Homes to Dinners and allow Children to go on stage to perform and display their Hidden Talents .Venues of the past Dinners- Centre Of Excellence, Centre Pointe Mall, Divali Nagar.
- Arranged Sports Days For Children’s Homes and arranged for needy children to go and take part and feel special
- Send Tutors to assist our children with their education
- Arranged Dental Clinics for 7 Homes and assisted them with their dental needs.
- Taken the time off to spend the day with children from Homes – Football/meals .
- Obtained police permission for a Car Raffle to raise funds to assist underprivileged children with their Educational needs.
Funding mechanisms for Gift For Life Foundation
- Annual Charity Dinners – at Centre of Excellence /Centre Pointe Mall
- Lunch sales / sponsor a meal
- Donations from members of GFLF and the public minority
Q: Is The Gift For Life Foundation linked to any other organisation?
A: The Gift For Life Foundation is not in any way linked to any other organisation. It is purely Humanitarian. All Fund-Raising and Humanitarian work done is totally independent of all other groups. Humanitarian assistance, by Gift For Life Foundation, to the underprivileged children in our country is done solely on behalf of Gift For Life Foundation and not on behalf of any other organisation to which some of our members also belong.
Q: Is The Gift For Life Foundation connected to any specific children’s home?
A: The Gift For Life Foundation is not in any way affiliated with any specific Home, nor does it raise funds on behalf of any specific orphanage. It aims to put smiles on the faces of underprivileged children wherever the need is greatest. A minimum of three Children’s Homes are reached out to on a monthly basis.
Event Coordinators – Contact : 734-0796 /784-4109/741-8103/716-4612 /787-8387