On Sunday 1st December 2019, Gift for Life Foundation (GFLF) hosted its 10th Annual Charity Dinner & Concert with seventeen (17) children’s homes. The main objective of the function was to get the children engaged in the creative arts through the use of music.
Ms. Nalini Ragoonanan – a teacher of Tranquillity Government Secondary School said “ Music is a great way for children to manage their emotional and mental health. This concert where the children themselves are performing, plays an important role in the growth of these youngsters who are denied parental love and affection.”
Ms. Ragoonanan adds that live concerts when the children are provided opportunities to perform on stage also helps to change their brain pattern and enhance memory power in them especially during their end of term examinations.
Children flooded the Torenia Hall, Centre of Excellence from 4:00pm and waited in anticipation to perform. They came from the following homes:
- Angel Michael Hostel, Egypt Extension, Enterprise
- Casa de Corazon Children’s Home, Sangre Grande
- Dar Ul Aman Children’s Home, Freeport
- Ezekiel Home For Abandoned Children, Preysal
- Ferndean’s Children’s Home, Point Fortin
- Florence Wesleyan Foundation Children’s Home, Carapichaima
- Cyril Ross Nursery for Children, Macoya
- Hope Centre Children’s Home, San Fernando
- House of Grace, Arima
- Jaya Lakshmi Children’s Home, Longdenville
- Joshua Boys, Santa Rosa Heights
- Margaret Kistow Children’s Home, Arima
- Marian House, Port of Spain
- Raffa Boys Children’s Home,
- Raffa Girls Children’s Home, Malabar
- Rainbow Rescue Children’s Home, Maraval
- Dominic’s Children Home, Calvary Hills
Mr. Gary Bruce from The Police Divisional Headquarters, El Socorro Extension South was very instrumental in arranging transportation for all the children coming from the East- West corridor.
For the past 10 years, children from needy families and children’s homes were meaningfully engaged in concert and they benefited in a number of areas such as :
- Increased in self-esteem, confidence level and inter personal skills.
- Reduction in stress level.
- Enhanced mood level and boost in happiness.
- Improvement noted in their behaviour and relationship with one another.
- The creation of an analgesic effect on children’s body before, during and after a performance.
GFLF wishes to thank its loyal supporters, sponsors and dedicated members for making the evening a tremendous success and special gratitude to:
- The FireBurn Hindu Temple Committee
- Rafeena &Family
- Matthew Foods and VegeFarm Products
- DJ Ricardo Sound System & Lighting Rentals
- Nadine Deonarine & Family and the Late Norris Deonarine
- Hakka Restaurant
- Jeevan Supermarket
- Amritam Shakti Dance Group
Our next upcoming event is our Grand Christmas Motorcade to needy families and children on Christmas Day: Wednesday 25th December, 2019 from 9:00am to 8:00pm. For further details contact our office at 672-5157, 734- 0796, 709- 0394 or 475-5090. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website: giftforlifefoundationtt.com.