Gift For Life Foundation (GFLF) continues to touch the lives of children throughout Trinidad and Tobago. Sunday 14th May 2017 was the Mother’s Day event held at the residence of Mr. and Mrs. Balgobin of Warren Road, Cunupia. The rain poured and poured and despite the heavy showers, the mother’s day pool party with free dental and vision check- ups still took place. The children said “ the rain is symbolic of the never ending love that mothers have for their children.”
During the Mother’s Day event, more than 200 children were made to feel so special that they forgot the pain of negligence from their biological mothers. The event was well attended and though, it was mixed with a dental check -up and eye clinic, the children had fun especially with the building of their self esteem, confidence level and interpersonal skills through dance and creative arts.
Children came from the following homes:
· Couva Children’s Home, Couva
· Florence Wesleyan Foundation, Upper Carapichaima
· Angel Michael Hostel for Youths, Chaguanas
· Raffa Boys’ Home, Mt. Lambert
· Raffa Girls’ Home, Malabar
· Margaret Kistow Children’s Home, Malabar, Arima
· Casa de Corazon, Sangre Grande
· Ferndean’s Children’s Home, Point Fortin
· Sophia House, Belmont
· Joshua Boys, Santa Rosa Heights.
Gift For Life Foundation looks forward to the continued support of the public especially with its calendar of events for the rest of the year. The children need you. For further information, please call 672- 5157 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.